Log in

No account? Create an account
Dreams and other updates - Sichy [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Dreams and other updates [Aug. 21st, 2004|11:45 pm]
[mood |blahblah]
[music |Long Beach Short Bus - Better Than This]

Yes, yes, I've been horrible about updates.  Trying to adjust to this new "hard-coded" schedule.  It's not a bad thing, just haven't quite settled into it yet. 

Wednesday morning, when I woke up sick, I had awakened from a dream.  I briefly pulled up Notepad and jotted down the important details as to not forget it.  The file says "Remember - house in Houston, yellow siding, renovations, host, libian army, giant boat".....Odd combo, huh?

Well, it was apparently my house in Houston.  It was mostly familiar, but completely different.  The outside of *my* house there was very contemporary.  Tall tinted windows, brown wood and flagstone rock.  This house was more "old style" on the outside.  Mostly victorian type.  Porch, gables, the whole bit.  It was yellow wood or siding with white shutters.  The inside was quite the same, down to the "loft" we had.  Only this one had two staircases descending from it.  The biggest difference was that it was on the ocean. 

So I was hosting a party.  I can't recall the people that were there, but definately had the sense they were close friends and loved ones.  At some point, the party migrated outside.  We noticed that there were "lifeguards" everywhere.  Laying in the sand, hiding under the deck of my house.  They carried themselves like soldiers, but were dressed as lifeguards.

Now, something you would never see in Texas was a 20 foot wave, unless there was a hurricane....But as this wave crashed, a HUGE, grey, inflatable raft appeared.  Holding onto it were about 100 men.  They were dressed in red, yellow and blue bathing suits.  Something akin to a wrestling suit.  I've no idea what those are called.  We were then informed that it was the Libian Army...I panicked and woke up.  End of dream. 

Truly odd.  I have no idea what it meant.  I just knew that I was scared shitless and terrified for myself and my family.  I dun like that feeling much.  Not a bit.

I've been fighting this plague since Wednesday.  Woke up with a sore throat, called into work. I slept most of the day after tackling some laundry that wasn't going to take "I'm sick, damnit" as an excuse.  I vaguely remember waking up at some point screaming in pain from a headache.  Charles mustered up some Advil Cold and Sinus after I discovered I'd left my Advil at work.  Thursday, the sore throat was gone, but I'd be damned if I could sit up without the room spinning.  Emailed in from bed.  Friday morning, got up, felt better...slightly sinusy, but better.  Discovered my direct deposit had not yet taken effect, so I headed to work to get my check. 

Now, let's put this in perspective.  When I say I got ass-raped on taxes....I'm used to not getting ANY Federal Income Tax taken out of my checks.  It just doesn't happen.  When you claim 5 witholding, they just don't take it.  They did this time.  Then I realized "I haven't had a check this big in....hmmm...I haven't ever had a check this big".  So that explains it. 

I decided to go ahead and open an account at the credit union that we have access to.  They needed ID with my current address or a utility bill in my name.  I had neither.  They suggested the express DMV.  Unfortunately, they can't handle out of state transfers.  *sigh*  I headed to the full service DMV and spent 2 hours waiting there.  I left at 4:15pm.  The credit union lobby closes at 4:30.  No way I could make it.  So I just headed into work.  I was scheduled off, but really couldn't afford to have 4 days out of 7 off.  By the time I got there, any semblance of life and "wellness" I'd imagined had gone right to hell.  In a fucking handbasket.  I felt like shit. 

Today, I took my pillows into work with me.  Spent most of the night lying on the floor taking calls.  My nose doesn't work right.  I won't gross anyone out with the details, but colds are miserable for me.  To get relief, I have to lay on the opposite side of the one that's giving me problems.  Thankfully, I work in a VERY laid back environment and can get away with laying down on the job. 

Sickness aside, it felt good to be able to pay my gym, hand over money for groceries, get Morgan a new backpack....and not be anywhere near broke. 

Unfortunately, for the moment, I'm not going to have a lot of extra money to throw around for a while, but at least the bills will be paid and life will continue on without much thought of "Oh fuck, we're not gonna make it"


[User Picture]From: theodwynr
2004-08-22 02:10 am (UTC)
I hope your health is improving!

Yeah, taxes are teh suk. But you know that saying. "I'd be happy to pay a million bucks in taxes." Cuz that means you're cut is pretty dang fat still. :)
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: rimmie
2004-08-22 04:28 am (UTC)
poor baby. i hope you took my advice and snuggled down in the blankets last night. Glad you got paid and got all your stuff taken care of I get to take care of all mine on monday.

I hope your nostrils get better soon, it sucks to be sick.

and yay for no cigs yesterday :OD or at least for 7.5 hours
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: not_hothead_yet
2004-08-24 11:05 am (UTC)
I know what you mean about the surprise of taxes: baph doesn't claim any of us (yet) and his taxes are about 30% of his check. Funny thing is that once we are married and he starts to claim us, the health insurance will probably be about the same! I was shocked when I took over the finances to see how much the government bites... it all works out in the end though because I know I have NEVER made as much money as he does now.
(Reply) (Thread)