Log in

Holy freakin' crap. - Sichy [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Holy freakin' crap. [Apr. 17th, 2005|10:34 pm]
[mood |dorkydorky]
[music |Silence]

So, I woke up this morning to find that the totally crazy neighbor was over here at 5:45am. On a Sunday. Something about a swollen arm and wanting my mother to take her to the ER. Which she did. I think she'd actually shown up at 5, but I didn't catch wind of the fact that there was way too much activity in the house until about 5:45.

Short version...crazy neighbor used to be an oral surgeon. Husband was my dentist for years. She stopped practicing shortly after we moved here. She was hitting the pain meds. I knew it back then. She's gone really down hill over the years. Now, she has severe osteoperosis and has broken her back twice in the last year. Her liver is shot. And, of course, she's totally and completely out to lunch.

Two weeks ago we found her walking down the street at 10pm. She was going to walk to her mom and dad's house because her daughter wouldn't give her the meds.

Anyhow, I digress. Point is, I was woken up at 5:45am on a freakin' Sunday morning. By the time I figured out that it wasn't one of *MY* parents who was sick or, worse, one of my kids...I was awake. I knew I'd have a busy day, so I figured I'd go ahead and get moving.

By 7 I was headed for storage. Moved the bed rails and a box o' stuff.

Found another stinging caterpillar. This does not bode well for our heroine. As I have zero problem with most wildlife...I get the chills just *thinking* about walking under a tree during this season. My dear, dear, observant daughter pointed out that she knows where they are coming from, though. Gotta love the short humans.

I did *not* see anymore wasps, though. Which means I think my idea of the dryer vent being their point of entry was right on. My only concern now is that they may have built a nest on the bottom side of the box I laid over the hole. I'll have ammo in hand when I move it.

By 9am I was headed back this way. My phone rang. It was Donna. She is the lady I freecycled the old red bunk bed to. So I get home, grab Dad's van and head back to storage. Load up bunk bed. This thing is not heavy. However, it is awkward. So I'm struggling to get it into the back of the van and in that time, two trucks roll by slowly but don't even offer help. Fuckers.

I get to Donna's around 10am and we unload the bunk bed. She keeps thanking me for delivering it. It really wasn't a problem. So we're chatting about Freecycle and moving and such. She asks me if there's anything I'm missing for my house. I say the biggest thing is probably seating. Mom's buying chairs for my kitchen table, but that's all I have. Well, that and computer chairs. LOL.

She says "You mean like a couch?". "Why, yes, I do indeed mean a couch or other such device for lounging." Viola! She happens to have a couch she was going to post up on Freecycle. SCORE. This thing is in MINT condition. Been sat on twice. It was her mother's and was brand new. She got it and didn't have room for it. It went into their big shed. Her daughter didn't want it because it had flowers. I'm thinking if it's really that bad, I can just get a cover for it.

We open the shed and find "WOW". It's not bad at all. I can still cover it, but in the meantime, it's not going to make my eyes bleed.

So I realize it's not going to fit in the van and I know C2 is meeting me with the truck later that afternoon. She says I can pick it up whenever I like. I restrain myself from throwing my arms around this woman.

Head back to the house at 11am. Pick up kids for Company Picnic. We meet Melissa and her niece and nephew there around 12:30. The gang's all there! They did it up right. I think she may have gotten more pictures than I did. I was too busy eating crawfish and chatting with Wayne and his wife. It's good to get along with the folks you work with. It's even better to enjoy a day outside of the office with them and their family.

They had 2 space walks and a giant inflatable slide. Cotton Candy. Hot dogs, hamburgers, crawfish, game booths, arts & crafts, a magic show and PONIES! Max skipped the ponies, but I did get pictures of the other three. We also made wax molds of our hands. It was nifty. :)

After much fun was had by all and the amusement company folks started packing it up, we grabbed what was at least 8 lbs. of crawfish and headed for the car. My bag leaked. Ahh, the perils of crawfish. Luckily, vinegar water pulls the smell out. The kids made out like bandits with prizes and crafts and they were happy as could be. They had a blast.

On the way home about 3:45, I get a call. Funny how these things work out. I'd been pondering if I was going to call Casey and say "I really, really love you....can you help me get a couch, too?" It's a sleeper sofa and, so, not the lightest thing in the world. Marc was on the phone. Marc has truck. He'd gotten a new cell and I only had his work number. So I'd been thinking of dropping in on him to ask. But, new baby and all....I didn't want to be a pain. Marc says he'll help in exchange for the use of my shanai.

So, Marc shows up at my folks' house about 4pm. We head out to pick up the couch. The boy even brought tie-downs. We load couch of much heaviness and head for work where Willie and C2 are waiting for us. C2 has brought the truck to load the desk that will be the kids' computer/homework desk. I forgot to take a picture of that one. *mental note*

So we load it all up and caravan on over to my new place. I pull up off to the side so that I can get Marc to back right up to the stairs. Brilliant friend that he is, knows exactly what I'm thinking and backs up to the stairs.

We proceed to unload the heaviest couch on earth. It appears as though it might give us problems getting through the door, but with the removal of one of the legs, it goes right on in.

Next, we get the desk. Place it in Morgan's room. Kid's going to have a computer in her room. I must remember to make it very clear that it's her AND Max's computer. Just the most logical place to put it.

C2 also brought several boxes of kitchen schtuffs. Plates, glasses, pots and pans...chopsticks! Love that woman. Oh! And she gave me a toaster that was lacking cobwebs like mine had. She also has a microwave for me. Someone remind me to thank the person who drew up the new seating chart when we moved buildings.

I swear, if she didn't have D...and liked girls...I'd ask her to marry me. (Don't freak on me. I promise I'm totally safe!)

We did a little inspecting and discovered that one of the previous residents really hacked into the phone line. Cut it to hell and back. I work for the phone company. I'm pretty sure I can get it fixed. Hell, I can likely splice it and run the jacks to the rooms I want myself...if I decide to not be lazy. The jury is still out on that one.

We all chatted for a bit after unloading and then headed out.

7:45pm....headed home. Stopped at storage to get aforementioned shanai for Marc. Offered to bring beer over to his place after dinner.

Dinner was bratwurst...mmmmm. Donated big-ass-bag-o-crawfish to brother. Took a bath as I felt pretty dirty. Between crawfish on my hands and spilling some of the juice from the leaky bag on my legs...moving furniture and dealing with dusty storage stuff all day, it was definately time for a hot bath.

9pm. Called Marc. "I came. I bathed. I plopped into chair. Can I issue an IOU on the beer, dude?"

And here I sit. Well, mostly.

Morgan got a big scrape on her extreme upper thigh (read: rear end) on that big slide. She went too close to one edge and those ropes scraped her up pretty good. So at some point she asked me to put some of the numbing Neosporin on it. She now has a non-stick bandage attached with Spider-Man band-aids on her butt. *giggle*

Mom's on the phone with my godmother and keeps asking every few minutes "Did you email those pictures yet???"

And somehow, after a day that has yet to end and started wayyyyy too early...I'm still alive, kicking and ready to do some more tomorrow.

I love this picture. Look at that face. :)

Again with the big grin. Love that!

This is a little lighter than it really is. The flash lightened it up. I'm irked that I didn't straighten the cushions first. And the couch isn't centered.

Oh crap. I'm becoming my mother!

This is closer to the actual color. I'll probably end up putting a slip cover over it at some point, but it's nice, warm tones. And it goes with the wood and the color of the walls. *shrug*

It's freakin' comfy! Firm enough to support your back, yet soft enough to nap on.

Okay. There you go. Big long ass boring update. w00t!

[User Picture]From: rimmie
2005-04-18 10:46 am (UTC)
Lovely, two enthusiastic thumbs WAY UP
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: sichernde_seele
2005-04-18 12:30 pm (UTC)
Hey. I didn't post the ones of Jaci and Destin cause I wanted to ask you first.

I know your sister won't let you post them anymore.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: rimmie
2005-04-18 07:09 pm (UTC)
yeah she does not let me post them at all, thank you for not posting any of them she has a real fear now of any pictures of the kids on the internet. I would appreciate if you would email them to me though.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: sichernde_seele
2005-04-18 10:59 pm (UTC)
Most definately.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_little_rain
2005-04-18 03:44 pm (UTC)
yay ponies!
(Reply) (Thread)
From: __shecannotfade
2005-04-21 12:01 am (UTC)
SUCH a beautiful smile.
(Reply) (Thread)